Rebates on energy-efficient appliances will return this spring.
See the terms and conditions [PDF, 83 KB] for residential appliance rebates.
Track your rebate online
Track the status of your rebate online. Use the tracking number provided in the email sent to you with your completed application form.
How eligible appliances are selected
- Clothes washers with an Integrated Modified Energy Factor (IMEF) of 2.92 or higher, and an Integrated Water Factor (IWF) of 3.2 or less, are eligible for a $50 rebate.
- Refrigerators* that are 10% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $25 rebate.
- Refrigerators* that are 15% more efficient than the federal standard are eligible for a $100 rebate.
- Electric clothes dryers with a Combined Energy Factor (CEF) of 3.93 – 4.29 and ENERGY STAR labeled are eligible for a $25 rebate.
- Electric clothes dryers with a Combined Energy Factor (CEF) of 4.3 or higher and all ENERGY STAR gas clothes dryers are eligible for a $100 rebate.
*Refrigerator eligibility requirements:
- Adjusted capacity of 11 cubic feet or more (use 10.5+ cubic feet)
- No compact refrigerators
- Only top, bottom and side byside freezer refrigerators. No built-in, freezer-less or single door refrigerators.
- Allowance for Connected refrigerators (5%-9% better than federal standard if Connected)
- Canadian models only
Recycle your old appliances
Many small and large appliances can be recycled instead of going to the landfill. Visit the Recycling Council of British Columbia or call 1 800 667 4321 to find out what can be recycled and where to recycle them.